Sunday 15 November 2009

Ceilidh, Dogs, and rattraps...

The past few days have knackered me out...

When you go to bed and you can hear beasties nibbling at something inside your walls something's got to be wrong, right? Well, C- and I have begun a fight with some very healthy looking wild rattens...they infiltrated the dividing wall between us and the neighbours, they gnaw at all hours of the night and recently they chewed their way through the shed floor to say hello to my not so wild lady rats. So, we put a trap down with tasty pasta goodness in it and lo and behold the next day there is a beautiful agouti shiny coated wild beasty rat in the trap. What the hell are they eating? My rat food is all locked up and rat-proof (not even gnawing on these boxes), they haven't been in the actual house (not a single itty-bitty sign, and no interest from our trained and proven mouser jack russel). To be in that good a condition they must be getting top nosh...

Saying that my ladies get reasonable food (I love them but I'm not loaded) and they're shiny...

Another crazy animal causing problems is my darling black and white ninja collie lurcher S-, he has yet again damaged his leg, this time he has opened up his armpit on a reed. So I have to fight him to the floor and spray wound wash in twice a day and try to keep him less mobile...He really has a talent for damaging his legs; he is not even 2 yet and he has been to the vets to have the tendons in his foot stitched back together, to bandage up a crushed nailbed, and to check on torn pads...Crazy dog doesn't stop, ever...no fear when running around, and he is a mischevious wee thing as well...

The jack russel D- has not damaged any of her legs but then she's much more nervous than him.

We left them alone last night to go to a ceilidh birthday party...two bottles of red wine later, C- and I had met all her family, several neighbours and a fair few friends. Now my feet hurt and I am a bit dehydrated, but I got to dance the Strip the Willow and a few other dances. I could only just remember the moves having last been taught this in high school some 7 years ago...Twas a laugh though. Always is at a ceilidh...

Though the ceilidh arranged for C-'s 21st and my 23rd was better even though we were in Somerset and everybody didn't have a clue...they gave it their best shot and succeeded in making the evening lively and memorable. Ah, how easy would life be to go back down South and not pay huge amounts of rent and actually be able to have animals everywhere. Got to have a menagerie wherever I go and it is difficult to find anywhere that takes animals, they'll take screaming, pooping, gnawing, thumping, running, random sleep patterned kids but not quiet, well-groomed, placid dogs...I don't get it!!

Another rant done...

No comments:

Post a Comment